Everything was cleaned up thoroughly when I took it apart or shortly thereafter. I built a new workshop in the fall and rolled my bike into it for the winter. I assembled all of the parts, even though they were still in rough shape. This allowed me to create a parts list and to measure for the hardware I was missing. After I was confident I knew what was lacking and how things would go back together, I took a lot of pictures. Next I set about repairing broken parts, making what I could, and searching for what remained.
Frame cleaned up and ready for rough assembly.
Craig's list fender and stays fit to the wheel & forks.
Final assembly complete. Ready to start fixing and making parts.